Cisco 1538 Series 10/100 Micro Hub
Cisco 1538 Series Micro Hub 10/100
The Cisco 1538 series Micro Hub 10/100 provides flexible 10/100 autosensing Fast Ethernet desktop connectivity for creating high-performance LANs at an affordable price. The eight-port 10BaseT/100BaseTX autosensing hubs provide 100-Mbps peak aggregate throughput, up to 10 times the performance of traditional Ethernet hubs. Ideal for enterprise remote branch offices and small and growing businesses where management is a requirement, the Cisco 1538M and Cisco 1538 Micro Hub products deliver the most cost-effective and powerful management options in their class.
The Cisco 1538 series Micro Hub 10/100 provides significant flexibility, allowing customers to deploy a configuration to meet their unique LAN requirements. 10/100 autosensing on all ports and an internal bridge between the 10-Mbps and 100-Mbps users enable seamless and low-cost migration from legacy 10BaseT to 100BaseTX networks. In addition, integrated stacking ports allow customers to use each product as a standalone hub or to scale the workgroup size up to 32 ports by creating a Micro Hub stack 10/100.
Embedded Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Remote Monitoring (RMON) capabilities provide traffic management, monitoring, and analysis. A Web-based management interface common to most Cisco stackable LAN products allows network managers to manage a hub from anywhere on the Internet through a standard Web browser. And, because management functionality is embedded within the Cisco 1538M, there is no need to purchase additional management modules. For customers that want low-cost 10/100 Fast Ethernet connectivity and don't require management today, the Cisco 1538 provides an affordable solution with future manageability options.
The Cisco 1538 series Micro Hub 10/100 is part of the Cisco Networked Office (CNO) stack, a complete networking solution for enterprise branch offices and small and growing businesses. The CNO suite of stackable desktop products and software is affordably priced and delivers secure Internet access, high-performance local-area networking, and flexible remote access.
- Eight 10BaseT/100BaseTX autosensing ports with internal bridging provide fast exchange of information among users and workgroup servers.
- 10-Mbps and 100-Mbps peak and aggregate throughput enables high-performance data transfers for workstations and server farms.
- Delivers up to 10 times the performance of a 10BaseT hub.
- Compatible with the IEEE 802.3u standard for interoperability with other 100BaseT products.
- A single managed Cisco 1538M Micro Hub 10/100 can provide management to an entire Micro Hub 10/100 stack of up to four Cisco 1538 hubs using a single IP address. Up to two managed Cisco 1538M Micro Hubs 10/100 can be used for management redundancy.
- Embedded Web-based management interface provides easy-to-use, graphical configuration and monitoring options for a single managed hub or an entire stack of hubs through a standard Web browser such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Explorer. (Requires Cisco 1538M.)
- SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a Command Line Interface (CLI)-based management console provides detailed out-of-band management. (Requires Cisco 1538M.)
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) enables a CiscoView network management station to automatically discover the switch in a network topology. (Requires Cisco 1538M.)
- Manageable through CiscoWorks Windows network management software on a per-port and per-hub basis, providing a common management interface for Cisco routers, switches, and hubs. (Requires Cisco 1538M.)
- RMON software agent supports four RMON groups for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis. (Requires Cisco 1538M only.)
- Extensive per-port LEDs for power, port status, and speed indication provide easy and comprehensive visual system management.
- Up to four Cisco 1538 Micro Hubs 10/100 can be stacked together using the provided stacking cables to form one single, manageable logical repeater of 32 10BaseT or 100BaseTX ports—a Micro Hub Stack 10/100.
- The 100BaseT Class II repeater design allows two Cisco 1538 Micro Hubs 10/100 or two Micro Hub Stacks 10/100 to interconnect directly to support up to 62 Ethernet or Fast Ethernet ports in a single collision domain.
- 10/100 autosensing on each port detects the speed of the attached device and automatically configures the port for 10- or 100-Mbps operation. This eases the deployment in mixed 10 and 100BaseT environments and allows easy and seamless migration from 10BaseT to 100BaseTX.
- Built-in high-speed bridge function automatically connects 10BaseT and 100BaseTX workstations and servers without an external switch or router, easing deployment and reducing overall costs.
- An internal power supply provides a single, compact design without external connections or devices.
- Automatically partitions and reconnects ports that send excessive-sized packets.
- One MDI/MDI-X port can connect to a compatible hub or switch without the need for a special cross-over cable.
- ConfigMaker management software common to all Cisco Networked Office products allows for easy configuration and deployment of an entire stack of Cisco products.
- Warranty includes return to factory for free repair as long as you own the product. Power supply and fan are covered for first five years of ownership.
- When combined with a Cisco 1600 series or 1720 router and other Cisco Networked Office stack components, the Cisco 1538 series Micro Hub 10/100 offers a complete LAN/WAN solution that is easy to install, manage, operate, and expand.
- Cisco Systems offers complete technical support and service for all Cisco Networked Office stack products, whether purchased separately or in combination with other Cisco products.
- Power consumption: Nominal 20W
- AC input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC, 200 to 240 VAC
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104° F (0 to 40° C)
- Operating humidity: 10 to 85% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: up to 9840 feet (3000 meters)
- Storage temperature: -40 to 149° F (-25 to 65° C)
- Storage altitude: 30,000 feet (9146 meters)
Item Condition Details:
Refurbished: Products that are in like new working condition. A small percentage of units have light scratches and minor cosmetic blemishes. These units are fully tested and operational, with no functionality issues.